NIA seeks death Penalty for 5 Indian Mujahideen convicts

By : 19-Dec-2016
NIA,Capital Punishment, Hyderabad, Blasts

HYDERABAD: Today, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is awaiting Hyderabad court to announce quantum sentence to the prime suspect Yasin Bhatkal and other five Indian Mujahideen terror operatives who were convicted in the Dilsukhnagar twin blasts on February 21, 2013.

The special court’s public prosecutor K Surender Rao told that they are seeking extreme penalty for all of those who had perpetrated the heinous crime. The Hyderabad’s brutal attack had claimed 18 lives including a pregnant woman, her unborn foetus and had left as many as 131 seriously injured.

The special court held five malefactors guilty of all charges including mass murder and terrorism. The prosecutors expect that the offenders are either subjected to a minimum sentence of life term imprisonment or a maximum sentence of death penalty.

Sharad Kumar, the NIA DG told to the media officials that the law bench is anticipating no less than the death penalty for all the five.

The case was earlier called with the arrest of Ahmed Siddibappa Zaraar alias Yasin Bhatkal and Asadullah Akhtar the operatives from the Indo-Nepal border in August 2013.

The prime accused Tehseen Akhtar was trapped in the video footage where he was spotted over the bus stop on his bicycle with a Tiffin box.  The twin bombs were implanted by him and Asadullah Akhtar. Both had been following the video instructions from their seniors Riyaz and Yasin Bhatkal, the Pakistani nationals. Zia ur Rehman alias Waqas, the fifth accused also remains in the jurisdiction.

Related Articles:

Thane Youth Arrested In Libya For Joining In Terror Outfit

Three Al-Qaeda Terrorists Arrested In Madurai By NIA

Terrorists Attack Army Artillery Unit In Nagrota, Two Soldiers Killed

Related Articles