UP Election for 403 seats begins today, Amethi hits the ballot halls to cast it's vote
By MEHER ONISA : 27-Feb-2017
LUCKNOW: The Amethi constituency happens to be the holding place for the Gandhi successors. Today, the fifth of seven-phase elections in Uttar Pradesh begins across 11 districts including 5 places bordering Nepal’s foothills. The temple town of Ayodhya, Amethi represented by Rahul Gandhi had registered acrimonious campaigns and rallies of the contenders this phase.
Here is the Pin Point Presentation on the 5th phase of elections in Uttar Pradesh:
1. Samajwadi Party goes through 37 of the 51 seats for voting. Congress plus the BJP has 5 seats each and Bahujan Samaj Party has 3 seats in total.
2. Gayatri Prajapati, the controversial leader charged of rape will confront with Ameeta Sinh of the Congress party and Garima Sinh of the BJP. Ameeta Sinh is the present wife and Garima Sinh the estranged wife of Sanjay Sinh the Congress leader and the Raja of Amethi.
3. While campaigning, PM Narendra Modi had reacted to CM Akhilesh Yadav’s outrageous remark who had called him ‘Gujarat's Gadhe or Donkeys.’ Moreover, he had even played mockery against the advertisement that cast Amitabh Bachchan, the brand ambassador of Gujarat Tourism. In a rally, he had advised the public not to vote or campaign for the donkeys of Gujarat.
4. BJP president Amit Shah had stated that: "UP cannot develop unless 'KASAB' is wiped out. He had split KASAB in a creative manner and abbreviated KA for Congress, SA for Samajwadi Party and BA for BSP chief Mayawati.
5. Mayawati, while hitting back at Amit Shah said: ‘There cannot be a bigger KASAB than Amit Shah himself.’
6. Akhilesh Yadav rectified Amit Shah’s diminutive of KA and said that KA actually stood for ‘kabutar or Pigeon’ that will scratch away the BJP from the winning skies this election.
7. As many as 1.8 crore people along with 96 lakh women would be visiting the ballot houses to cast their votes on Monday.
8. Minister Vinod Kumar Singh, Tej Narain Pandey from Ayodhya and Ram Achal Rajbhar, the BSP state president from Akbarpur are the candidates in the election contest. The final results are programmed to be announced on March 11.